Popular Posts

Friday, February 18, 2011

Being a Teacher

I never thought of me being a teacher and I don’t know how I ended up taking education as my minor course in UIA. Admittedly, Mathematics is my favourite subject during my secondary school until now. However as I studied Math (especially Pure Math) more deeply, it became more complicated and too abstract to me. Lastly, I decided to take Statistics as my major course here. In fact, the choice that I made was not my actual desire. Let me tell you the truth. During my secondary school, I was so ambitious about Math. I planned to take Physical Science in Matriculation Centre, UIA and then further my study in main campus by taking Mathematical Science (with major in Pure Math). After finishing course degree, I planned to pursue my study for master and phD (also in Pure Math). I had such high expectation from myself huh? Well, it was my hope long long long time ago. And now, I am having my practical training as a teacher at a secondary school in Kuantan.

I feel lucky to have a chance being one of the teachers in the school. The school is the best rural school in Kuantan. So, the expectation for the teachers and students is very high. I can see that all teachers in the school work very hard to achieve the school target – 50% A in all subjects. Fuuuhh! That makes me worry. I just got the new timetable last week. From now on, I will be teaching three classes of Form 1 and one of the classes is the first class in Form 1. It means that the achievement of the class will determine my ability to teach the students and I have to make sure that the performance of students will be maintained or much better than before. Whatever it is, I’ll try to give my best as a teacher for them. It is fun to be a teacher, but the only thing that I don’t like is the extra duty that all teachers have to do in school instead of teaching. Okay, just forget about it.

This is the fourth week I’ve been in the school. So, I have spent almost one month here, being one of the school community. It was so difficult for me to adapt myself to the new environment. I try to learn and repair from mistakes I had done before to improve myself. Get knowing my students and their characters in class is the best challenge for me. I need to do trial and error a.k.a experiment to the students. The character of each class is different and I have to be a different person for each different class. It is important for me to play and manipulate my character in order to control the class situation. Otherwise, I’ll be manipulated by my students (by being too emotional and bla bla bla). Hehe…
I think that’s all for now. See you!

2 comments:

  1. kita hanya mampu merancang, tp ALLAH yg menentukn.. =) btw, u'll b a great teacher, raihan! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. betul tu az. kita merancang, Allah juga merancang, dan Allah ialah sebaik-baik perancang. ameen.. i hope so, insyaAllah. =)

    ReplyDelete

Matematik dan Al-Quran

Assalamualaikum. Sebelum ni saya ada kongsikan tentang pecahan dan mengaitkannya dengan al-Quran dalam post Fractions in Daily Life  ....